We Would Love to Meet You
We are open for worship at 10:00 on Sunday mornings and all are welcome.
- All entrances are open and you are welcome to come inside through whichever door you choose. If you have a handicap or disABILITY, we recommend the entrance in the rear of the building as the most accessible.
- Upon entry, masks are not required but are available if you choose to wear them. Hand sanitizer is strategically placed around the entryways, hallways, and restrooms, and we encourage its use.
- Containers are provided for you to place your offerings and tithes at the entrances and exits. We are not passing an offering plate during the service at this time and options to give electronically are available online through our secure website.
- We observe the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of each month. Please take your sealed Communion cup that contains a wafer and juice from the welcome table when you enter the sanctuary or an usher will bring one to you if you need it. We are not passing out the elements during the service like the offering. Gluten-free wafers are available.
- Seating in the sanctuary is not assigned, but you may learn (with repeated attendance), that some congregants have chosen a favorite spot. You may sit in any empty seat and will not be asked to relocate by anyone. The balcony will be open for those that choose to sit upstairs.
- We recommend greeting friends verbally only inside the sanctuary until the COVID virus is eradicated and we pray that will be sooner than later. For the time being, the social hall is not open for socializing.
- For those who choose not to attend, or are unable to attend, we provide a live stream of the service on the Facebook page called Sunday Watch Party of First United Methodist Church of Berkeley Springs.
- Sunday school classes for adults begin at 9:00 in the conference room and the Chapel. No other Bible studies are offered at this time.
- Nursery care and children’s Sunday school are available for infants and children during the worship service.
Today and in the days ahead, please continue to be safe, complying with the orders and guidance that we are receiving from respected authorities and health care professionals. Love your neighbor, and be of service where and when you are able.
Please excuse us while we update this website and feel free to bring any errors to our attention. We are aware that work needs to be done and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.