FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, Berkeley Springs, WV is currently seeking applicants for the position of Children’s Ministry Coordinator/team leader. Applications may be received by e-mailing the church office firstname.lastname@example.org. Packets need to be returned to the church office by July 10, 2017. Packets may also be mailed to FUMC 49 S. Green Street, Berkeley Springs, WV. For more information please call the church office 304.258.2766 Tues. thru Thurs 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR/TEAM LEADER
The Mission of First United Methodist Church is to Win disciples for Jesus Christ, Build them up to maturity, and Send them out in service to Christ.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator/Team Leader will be a Holy Spirit led
Disciple of Jesus Christ who loves children and effectively leads volunteers to implement a multi-faceted Children’s Ministry program. We desire for children and their families to walk with the Lord all their days, to participate actively in our church family, and to serve the world.
At a minimum, the Children’s Ministry Coordinator/Team Leader needs to demonstrate the following:
• A spirit-led Disciple of Jesus Christ with a good working knowledge of the Bible.
• A clear call to children’s ministry with a genuine love for children and their families.
• A joyful enthusiasm with a proven ability to work cooperatively and patiently with others: volunteers, staff, lay leaders, families, as well as children.
• A visionary who will effectively communicate the big ideas of ministry and draw people together to implement them.
• Proven leadership qualities and experience working with children.
• Experience with the inner workings of a church, and a willingness to work within the parameters of First United Methodist Church’s mission and vision.
• Proven competency in written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
• A willingness to receive and accept guidance and direction from the SPRC and Senior Pastor.
In addition, the position requires:
• Satisfactory security/background check
• Completed Safe Sanctuary training
• A minimum age of 23 to comply with the Safe Sanctuary policy
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and grow current Children’s Ministry programs for children birth to fifth grade with freedom to develop new ministries as the Holy Spirit leads.
• Cultivate a welcoming, safe. creative and engaging environment for the spiritual growth of children.
• Be an advocate and a link to resources for children and their families, as needed.
• Educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children in the local church and community.
• Recruit, coordinate, and train volunteer teams to implement ministry programs, such as: Sunday School, Children’s Church, Nursery, Go Friends, and VBS.
• Disciple volunteers in their spiritual growth to discover and express their spiritual gifts.
• Meet with volunteers to effectively communicate with them and nourish their growth.
• Communicate regularly with church staff, church committee leaders and parents.
• Review and evaluate curriculum routinely with Children’s Ministry team leaders.
• Order and track ministry supplies, and maintain supply inventory.
• Attend staff meetings scheduled by Senior Pastor.
• Provide in a timely fashion information needed by the office manager.
• Develop and maintain a budget in cooperation with the church finance committee.
• Keep records of children and volunteer participation in form of weekly attendance.
• Ensure adherence to FUMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policy.